I always like getting to know fun, quirky things about other bloggers and people in general. It’s that nosy part of me With it being Friday (YAY), I thought I’d keep things light with 10 things you might not know about me
1. My love for California actually came from watching “The Hills”. My childhood best friend and I used to be obsessed with that and Laguna Beach reruns (we were too young when it first aired). I religiously watched The Hills and decided I had to go to FIDM like Lauren. I also HAD to go visit California. It took about four years before I bugged my parents enough to let me visit. While it was no LA, San Francisco was still amazing and I got to visit the FIDM there
2. I have two sisters, Emily and Hilary, but growing up I always secretly wanted an older brother. Considering I’m the youngest I knew that wasn’t really possible
3. It’s no secret I’m a huge Taylor Swift fan, but my sister is actually the person who introduced her music to me. She saw her music video for ‘Tim McGraw” on TV and thought the song was good so she bought her album. I listened to it for the first time on a car ride to Purdue to visit my other sister (Emily) at college. I remember hearing “Picture To Burn” and said, “I like that song about the pickup truck.” That day I bought that song as my ringtone (on my pink Razr. Remember those!?) and I guess you can say the rest is history I can’t believe that was 7 years ago…
4. All through elementary school up until high school I was always the youngest person in my grade. I wish I could say it was because I skipped a grade, but I actually just moved from Ohio the summer before first grade and the cutoff date was different
5. I’ve lived in three states. I was born in Michigan (lived there for 9 months), then moved to Ohio until I was 5, then summer of ’99 moved to Indiana. I can’t believe I’ve lived here for almost 15 years. My sisters (or at least Emily anyway) consider Michigan their “home”, but Indiana will always be mine<3
6. Growing up everyone thought I was going to be the short one of the family. In eighth grade I think I was only 5’4. I guess that wasn’t going to be the case though because I just kept growing and now I’m 5’9 I love being tall though. It just means you can eat more, right?
7. I started dancing at the age of 2 1/2. My first dance class was a “mommy and me” class. I danced up until my senior year of high school, only stopping my freshman and sophomore year to be a cheerleader. What I learned: dancing > cheering. Girls are mean. And cause too much drama. Also, I was too tall to ever really be able to tumble well. I mainly did it for the uniform. #keepinitreal
8. Speaking of dance, every summer my childhood BFF (and neighbor) + my sisters and cousin would put on a “backyard dance recital” for all of our neighbors to watch. We would wear our old dance costumes since we all took lessons, choreograph our own routines (somehow Emily always seemed to be in the front and center of these things… ), and send out flyers to our neighbors. We would walk up to Dollar Tree that was literally in front of our neighborhood and get balloons and decorations. We’d make lemonade and cookies and once we even used my cousin’s strobe/star lights to make the stage (aka our driveway) fancier. Those recitals are some of my favorite childhood memories. We always had a blast, but looking back now, I’m not sure why our neighbors actually came to those things
practicing “builds” with my friends brother. don’t hate me Taylor for posting this on the Internet…
8. I eat baby carrots almost everyday. Usually with hummus. Or TJ’s parmesan ranch. Or guacamole. I’m surprised I’m not orange by how much beta carotene I consume.
9. Ed is my first pet. In 3rd grade I really wanted a cat, but my mom didn’t want me to have one. I ended up getting a cat pillow for Christmas instead. I was devastated. Then there was a period where I wanted a puppy (okay I still kinda do). It was going to be a miniature Husky with blue eyes. How cute are those!? Maybe one day…
my favorite picture of him<3
10. I’m a game show junkie. I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night. I also watch the Game Show Network on occasion. Just go ahead and call me grandma. Or cat lady. I’m practically both.
Tell me something random about you!