Yesterday was one of those days where everything just sort of hit the spot. Don’t you kinda love it when that happens? :) Here’s what was being eaten yesterday!
Since my first shift of work (I work a split shift) is from 6:15-8:30am, I usually need something to tide me over until I can eat a real breakfast when I get home. On Tuesdays I usually take kickboxing at 9am at the gym after work, so I had peanut butter chocolate chip clif bar for a “pre-breakfast” to give me some energy. I also had some homemade iced coffee along the side :)
I didn’t get home from the gym until about 10:15am and was more than ready for a heartier meal. I decided to go with my favorite choice of summer, greek yogurt with pb2, granola, and a baked Quest bar. I hadn’t had it in quite some time and it was delicious.
Since I ate breakfast so late, I wasn’t that hungry when lunch time rolled around. I held off eating until the latest possible since I had to be back to work, and decide to go with a salad with 1/2 a roasted sweet potato, cucumber, turkey, dried cranberries, pistachios, egg whites, goat cheese and honey lemon dressing. I also had a rice cake topped with pb&j on the side to round out my meal.
By the time I got home from work I was more than ready for dinner. I decided to go with something easy and chose to eat my favorite frozen pizza. I also had some carrots & hummus on the side.
I finally tried the coconut Arctic Zero, and it is SO GOOD. It tastes so close to coconut milk ice cream I cannot believe it. I topped it with a homemade almond butter cup, granola, and pb2. So good!
If we were having coffee today, I would say I feel like it’s been forever since we last talked. To be honest, blogging just hasn’t been at the top of my list. Life’s still happening, just not “internet worthy” I suppose. I don’t plan on going anywhere though :)
If we were having coffee today I would tell you that I went to see Jesse McCartney with my sister this past Friday! Emily and my cousin Lauren used to be obsessed with him when they were like 13 (so yes, 13 years ago). I used to love Dreamstreet and had his CD a while back. It was fun getting to see him live! I loved that he sang a few of his old songs too :)
If we were having coffee today I would say I can’t believe August is almost over. Seriously time, please slow down just a little bit.
If we were having coffee today I would say school starts today. I decided this semester just to take online classes so it hasn’t really kicked in yet. Where did summer go again?
If we were having coffee today I would say I finally registered for my 6th half marathon! Time to let the training begin.
That’s all for now. Talk soon<3
1. About a month ago Arctic Zero sent me some of their new flavors to try out. They were one of our sponsors at Blend and during one of their snacks they led, I sampled the new salted caramel flavor. It is by far my favorite flavor, and it is seriously so good! I went through both pints of that flavor within like a week. I loved topping it with melted peanut butter and granola. Such a delicious treat!
2. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new phone. My old one was about 2 1/2 years old and on it’s last leg. I decided on the iPhone 5s (in gold) and love it. It’s pretty similar to my old one (4s), but feels so much lighter and has a slightly larger screen. I also ordered one of my sister’s phone cases for it. It’s adorable and I love the quote so much<3
3. My two sisters, cousin, and I are all going to Mackinaw this October! We are all so excited. I haven’t been since last year and I feel as if the year’s just not complete without a trip up north. We’re making a long weekend out of it and also calling it Hilary’s “bachelorette party” :)
4. Guys, I think I’m addicted to Kodiak Cakes. I have them like 5 out of 7 days a week for breakfast. THEY ARE SO GOOD. And I also love that their full of protein and whole grains. Healthy pancakes? I’m sold :)
5. This banana bread. I’ve made it twice within the past two weeks. It tastes like dessert.
6. The Hills reruns have totally sucked me in. Thank goodness for DVR ;)
7. Happy Friday, all<3