(Only like a week late…)
My lack of food pictures in October was pretty pathetic. Remember when I used to actually blog (kind of) about food?? That’s something I need to work on for this month. Here are my highlights from October!
hot oats :: Quest bars :: ice cream :: [too much] Halloween candy :: chocolate :: Chipotle salads :: homemade cookies :: chili :: bagels :: carbscarbscarbs
half marathon training :: vinyasa flow yoga :: weight training :: cardio hip-hop
girls weekend to Mackinac :: sissy’s wedding :: new music :: spending time with friends :: being a cat lady :: watching movies in bed :: [trying to] let go & appreciate the “now”
Onto another month full of new adventures & possibilities<3
It’s been a while since I’ve filled you in on what’s going on in my life lately. Now’s the perfect time as any, right? :)
- To start off, I shared my sister’s wedding on Monday. This means I am currently now an “only child” (at home anyway). It’s weird. And I’m not sure if I like it. I keep thinking Hilary’s just on vacation and will be back soon. Sure, she only lives like 10 minutes away, but it’s just weird. Having both sister’s out of the house does mean one thing though: I finally get my own bathroom. I’ve never had my own before so this is exciting stuff ;)
- Last Monday (the 27th) Taylor Swift’s new album ’1989′ was released. Layna and I went right after I got off work in the morning (soooo like 8:30am) to go buy it at Target. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical with her fulling transitioning to pop, but as Taylor always does, she did not disappoint. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve listened to it and I just love it. My favorites as of now are ‘Blank Space’ and ‘Wildest Dreams’. Did I mention she’s going on tour again next year? CANNOT WAIT.
- This past weekend I ran my 6th half marathon. I can’t believe it’s been that many. I’m going to write a separate post about the race itself, but I did PR! (at least, I think? I stopped my watch when I had to use the bathroom (twice…) and beat my previous best time by over 4 minutes according to my Garmin. So imma count it ;) ).
- Schools is blah. I’ve only been taking a couple online classes this semester as I try to figure things out. If you have any idea what I should do with my major/career/life, holla at me. Cause I ain’t got a clue.
- How is it already November?? I can’t even wrap my head around the fact that Thanksgiving is in three weeks. HOW.
That’s enough randomness for today. I have a bunch of posts I want to get up soon(ish) so keep an eye out for those.
Long time, no blog. I have no excuses to be honest. I don’t see myself quitting blogging any time in the near future, but I guess things change and hobbies change and blogging daily just isn’t for me anymore. I don’t know if I even have any readers still, but I’d still like to document my life to have a place to look back on in the future!
Over a week ago, on October 25th, my sister, Hilary, got married. The wedding and reception were both outside and having an outdoor wedding in late October in the midwest is always a gamble, but she lucked out and had the most beautiful day. It was sunny and in the low 70s. Pretty much unheard of in Indiana, considering last year at that time we had already had snow.
I took only one picture myself that day, but thankfully friends and family were able to capture some memories. Once she gets the professional photos back I’ll be sure to share those as well!
the happy couple :)