Every Sunday I try to set aside some time to prep food for the week. Sunday’s are always my grocery shopping day (I sound like such an old lady), so I usually go ahead and get food ready for the week so I don’t have to worry about finding time during the week. All I need is about an hour of the day and it saves so much time during the week!
To start out with I pick up a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables at the grocery store (usually Target or Trader Joe’s), and any other items I need for recipes I’m prepping ahead, if any. **To see what I usually buy during a visit to the grocery store check out my “What’s in the Cart?” posts.
This week I didn’t cook anything ahead of time (last week I did make this quiche which made a nice lunch or dinner during the week), so I just went straight to washing and cutting fruit/veggies.
My aunt posted on Facebook a neat trick to washing fruit.
I usually just rinse it well with water, but with all the pesticides I know that reside on it, I wanted to try something new.
After the fruit was all clean I separated it into it’s respective tupperware containers to store in the fridge.
While the fruit was soaking I chopped up vegetables to have on hand for the week.
This week it was a few bell peppers and zucchini. I love to dip the peppers in hummus or add them to a wrap for a quick and simple lunch. For the zucchini I’ll probably sauté it with a little butter or oil to go alongside dinner one night.
I’ve been trying to cut back on coffee a little bit lately, so to replace my beloved iced coffee (okay you can ever replace iced coffee because that’s just not okay) I brewed some passion tea to have on hand for the week.
And that was my food prep for the week! I highly recommend preparing as much as you can ahead of time so you have quick and easy (and healthy) options throughout the week.
Do you prep food ahead of time each week?
Peace and Love,
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty low-key. I feel like I’m almost back in high school with working all day during the week and having nights and weekends free. I kinda like it
What better way to start off the new week than with Marvelous In My Monday hosted by the lovely Katie!<3
Some marvelous moments from this weekend (a lot involving food because let’s be honest, that’s what I take pictures of 90% of the time):
-Oats in a jar to start off my Saturday.During the week I tend to have a lighter (and faster) breakfast since we eat lunch so early so it was nice to have an old favorite.
-Getting [my first] massage Saturday afternoon. It.felt.glorious. And was much needed.
-Having a family cookout at night.
shish kabobs for the win
Being goofy walking over to our new neighbors house with my sister and neighbor. It officially felt like summertime Saturday night. picture via Emily‘s Instagram
-Sunday morning pancakes. S’mores style. Omgsogood. Dare I say they were almost too sweet though?
recipe via Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
-Starbucks while shopping at Target with my mom.
iced unsweetened green tea lemonade
-Prepping food for the week (a post coming up soon about this!).
Overall a great weekend with nothing too crazy going on. I hope you all have an awesome Monday!
Peace and Love,
What was one marvelous moment from your weekend?
1. I didn’t intend to leave you all the whole week, but blogging was just not happening. I haven’t even read many blogs this week. This weekend I’ll be playing catch up
2. This week at camp has been a blast! It’s definitely a change of pace from working 10-20 hours a week to 35+ hours, but it’s so worth it.
3. Swimming in a heated pool (that still feels like it’s freezing) and then having to walk down an air conditioned hallway into the locker rooms is pure torture I tell you. But getting paid to swim isn’t half that bad, right? #thinkingpositive
4. My mom made dinner for the family last night (minus Hilary since she’s in Myrtle Beach with her boyfriend’s family) and it felt so good to come home from work, get in a workout (my first one since Monday…), and have a meal ready to be eaten.
side salads, black bean lasagna, and dinner rolls
5. I burnt my face with my curling iron the other day and now it looks like have food on my face at all times. Oops.
6. Does anyone remember the show “Cash Cab”? My mom and I have been watching the reruns lately and those questions are seriously so hard. They’re supposed to be “basic knowledge” questions, but to me they’re almost always impossible. I’m pretty sure I’d get kicked out of the cab before I made it a few blocks
7. That’s all I’ve got for you today. Have a great day!
Peace and Love,