1. It snowed here yesterday! Okay so they were just flurries but it was basically all day long. Still not sure how I feel about it just yet. If we had another few random days of warm weather I wouldn’t complain ;)
2. The lovely people at Fabletics reached out to me to send me some pieces from their November collection. I was already a huge fan of their company (only $25 for the first outfit!) and was so excited to give a few things a try. I ended up with the Kingston Jacket and the Salar Legging. They’re both SO comfy and I may have worn the sweatshirt two days in a row ;) Thanks again Fabletics!
please excuse my messy basement / awkward mirror selfie ;)
3. One week today I’m going to Chicago! I’ve never been in the fall/winter (except when I was in 2nd grade but I barely remember that trip) so I’m sure it’ll look beautiful. Road trips make my heart happy.
4. Thanksgiving is in less than 2 weeks now. Say what. In a way it feels like it was just here. This year is going to be full of new traditions since both my sisters are married now, but I’m ready for the new beginnings (or so I’m telling myself) :)
5. Starbucks holiday drinks are BOGO free until 11/16 from 2pm-5pm (or 6pm if you have a gold card). Someone want to come have a Starbucks date with me? ;)
Have a wonderful weekend<3
I’ve seen this survey on a few blogs lately and thought it’d be fun to join in! Plus, who doesn’t love a good survey? :)
Four names that people call me (other than my real name):
- Molly boo
- Sis (Hilary and I rarely call each other by our names)
- T-Swift (or any Taylor related name – this was mainly in high school but some people still do it, haha)
Four jobs I have had:
- Daycare worker
- Crew member at a bagel shop
- Retail brand rep
- Assistant site director
Four movies I have watched more than once:
- A Cinderella Story
- The Fault in Our Stars
- All the High School Musicals (no shame)
- Eloise At Christmastime (one of my favorites!)
Four books I’d recommend:
- The Fault in Our Stars
- If I Stay / Where She Went
- Running Like a Girl
- The Giver + the books after
Four places I have lived:
- Purdue University (for like 4 months…)
Four places I have been:
- London, England
- San Francisco
- Nashville, TN
- Disney World :)
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- Somewhere in Europe (Amsterdam, please)
- Southern California
- On a beach somewhere warm
Four things I don’t like to eat:
- Fruit flavored desserts (at least most of the time)
- Certain seafood
- Raw onions
- Fried foods (okay sometimes)
Four of my favorite foods:
- Roasted vegetables
- Ice cream/chocolate
Four TV shows that I watch:
- 19 Kids and Counting
- Pretty Little Liars
- Red Band Society
- Dancing With the Stars (oh how I wish I was famous just solely to be on that show)
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
- A Hunter Hayes concert + a trip to Chicago in a few weeks
- Thanksgiving (the food and the annual 5k my family does)
- The first real snow fall
Tell me some of these about yourself!
Last Saturday I ran my 6th half marathon, and also my 6th race this year. Not near as many as I did last year, but still a decent number for me at least. I’m hoping to squeeze in a couple more before the year ends!
I did the Monumental Half Marathon two years ago and it turned out to be my favorite half out of all I’ve done so far. I knew I wanted to do it again and was excited to run it this year.
The race began at 8am so around 7:15am my parents and I headed downtown. After parking, stopping to use the bathroom, and saying my goodbyes, I headed to get in the corrals.
The race began shortly after and I was off! Running when the sun is rising is one of my favorite things to do. It was breathtaking. And also made me want to visit NYC even more since we were running in the heart of downtown and I was listening to ‘Welcome To New York‘ ;).
The first 5 or so miles went well. I don’t remember too much. It was a bit chilly when I started but after a little while I warmed up and felt pretty good.
At mile 7 (I believe) we separated from the full marathon runners. Around this point I also felt like I needed to use the bathroom but really didn’t want to stop. I kept on going until mile 8 or 9 I think. I stopped to use the bathroom then was on my way.
I thought I’d be good until the finish, but had to go again (ugh). I stopped around mile 10-11 one final time. I was then good to go and ready to finish the race! I paused my Garmin both times I stopped so I could see my “real” time compared to the clock.
Finally I saw mile 13 coming up and sprinted for the last .1 mile. And just like that I was finished! I even saw my parents at the finish which was nice.
My unofficial time (according to my watch) was 2:11:14. My previous PR was 2:15:51 so even though according to the clock I didn’t technically PR, I’m going off my Garmin and saying I did :)
This was still one of my favorite races to run and hope to do it in the years ahead!