A few weeks ago my sister, Emily, asked me to participate in a ‘writing process blog tour’ that a lot of bloggers have seemed to be filling out around the web lately. She did her’s about two weeks ago, and now I’m here to share mine!
1. What am I working on?
To be honest…not much. My blog has sort of fallen to the back burner this summer, BUT I hope to change that in the upcoming months. I would love to become self-hosted and am hoping to do that some time in the near future!
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I’m not even sure what to call my “genre”. I consider myself a healthy living blogger, but as you all know, I enjoy my
daily weekly ice cream and dessert ;) I guess I just like to share pretty much all aspects of my life, the good and the bad. I know that on the Internet, especially with social media, it’s easy to come across has living a “perfect” life and I try to do my best to not let that be the case. I just want to be as real as possible and talk to you as I would if we were chatting over coffee or just hanging out as friends.
3. Why do I write what I do?
I write what I write because it’s simply me. In “real life” I’m a shy person before I get to know you, but once I do, I open up. I like to think that I know all of you already, so I just skipped that step, if that makes sense ;) I like that I don’t feel all that intimidated to write what I want on my blog and try to just write from the heart.
4. How does your writing process work?
When I type up a blog post, I usually start with pictures. I’m a visual learner so I think that’s why I write that way. As far as coming up with ideas for posts, I’ll usually think of them when I’m working out, cooking, or just walking down the street. Sometimes the best blog post ideas come from the most random places. I remember coming up with the name for my blog while taking a shower at Purdue ;)
And that’s a little “tour” of my writing process. Nothing special, but it’s what works for me :)
1. This is my new favorite picture of little Chester. He’s been carrying around that piece of string since Tuesday. Why is it that cats (and babies for that matter) always love the most simplest things rather than their toys? So adorable though<3
2. Remember those KIND bars I mentioned a few weeks ago? I finally gave ‘em a try, and just as I expected, that were all delicious! I was both intrigued and a little apprehensive on the savory flavors, and turns out they’re delicious! The honey mustard was probably my favorite and seriously reminded me of like honey mustard chicken (in a good way) or something along those lines. I saw the Healthy Grains bars in Target last week so I’m excited they’re in stores now! Thanks again KIND for the awesome bars.
3. My sister’s birthday was Tuesday! We’re celebrating this weekend as a family but last night her and my sister and I met up at Chipotle for dinner, followed by Coldstone for some ice cream. I didn’t take any pictures but it was delicious nonetheless ;)
4. My knees (and shins) have been acting up the past few weeks. It’s most definitely time for a new pair of shoes. I’m thinking I really want to try the Brooks Pure Flows. Right now I have Brooks Ghosts, but I want something a little lighter. We shall see I suppose!
5. Aaand that’s all I got. Not much going on over here. Make the most out of your weekend :)
Wasn’t I just typing up last week’s What I Ate Wednuesday post? Seriously where has this summer gone? This is already my last full week of camp. Pure craziness I tell you. Onto the food!
yogurt with PB2, a baked Quest bar, and granola IAJ
This breakfast doesn’t really get old. It’s so good. You’re probably sick of seeing it. Sorrynotsorry ;) Coffee on the side too.
grilled tilapia with a baked sweet potato + an [unpictured] apple
That picture is actually my dinner from last night, but I packed the same thing for lunch yesterday :) Such a good meal!
I may have eaten a few of those seen above (but chocolate cake with chocolate frosting :) ) that we decorated during camp. I remember making those when I was younger for birthdays. Such a fun treat.
After the gym I was a little hungry and not quite ready for dinner so I had a KIND bar. It was all melty from being in my backpack all day and it made it taste even better.
zucchini bread + scrambled eggs with roasted vegetables
I was looking through my old blog posts (does anyone else ever do that on their blog??) and came across a meal I used to eat a lot last year. I made a batch of zucchini bread on Sunday and have been enjoying it daily since. One of my favorites!
oatmeal squares, blueberries, AB cup, and almond milk
Picture is from a few weeks ago (also I wasn’t watching OTH this time, hehe), but it was basically the same, except this time it was a homemade almond butter cup. Which in my opinion, taste even better than the real thing ;)
Have a lovely Wednesday<3